The village grew out of the hamlet of Bramshott which was established by Norman times. In the fifteenth century it was called Chiltlee or Chiltley but according to a map published by John in 1610 shows it as Lippocke. The area was comprised of the four manors of Chiltlee, Bohunt, Foley and Bramshott
Liphook is the location of the renowned public school Churcher's College Junior school, (the Senior school being located in nearby Petersfield). The site previously housed Littlefield school, which was bought by Churcher's and converted. Liphook is also the home of Bohunt School, a well regarded secondary state school. Local attractions include the Mere Fore sand Hollycombe which houses open air housing steam attractions and a steam train.
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
Supporting the Neema Children's Home North Kinangop Kenya